- drug treatment programs for prisoners
- "$1 billion away from mass transit, forcing Los Angeles to put off plans for extending parts of the Expo light rail line and widening some freeways" (LA Times story).
- widening Interstate 5 at the big bottleneck on the Orange County/L.A. County line
- complete the gap in carpool lanes on the 10 Freeway in the eastern San Gabriel Valley
- $124 million in welfare payments to the elderly and disabled
But no. These representatives of their beloved middle class are too dumb to help even their own class. Forget about helping any others.
Except for Hollywood: the compromise "includes multimillion-dollar tax breaks for the film industry and other businesses."